Don’t Let Poor Visibility Ruin Your Trip – Check Your Wipers
Many accidents are caused by poor visibility. To be sure your windshield wiper blades are ready to keep your vision clear, especially in pelting rain and snow, the experts at Sacramento California’s Roseville Automall urge you to:
- Inspect your wipers frequently by running your fingers along the rubber edge. If the rubber is damaged or your windshield streaks, it is time to replace them.
- Clean your wipers frequently with a soft rag and dish detergent to prevent having to buy replacements for a few more months.
- Always replace your wipers in pairs, even if only one is showing signs of wear.
- Forget about saving money by buying only the replacement inserts. Buy the whole blade assembly for an easier installation and a more secure fit.
- Check the rear wiper as well. It may not be used often but it is still exposed to the elements.
- Remember: even when you’re not using them, dirt, debris, and road grime are hard on your wipers. Sunlight shreds their rubber edges. Worn wipers streak your windows, increasing glare. Torn wiper blades can allow the upper arm to rub against the glass, possibly damaging your windshield.
- Check your wipers regularly and replace them before you need to use them.
The experts at one of the 17 dealerships at the Roseville Automall near Sacramento, California, are ready to guide your search for a safe, dependable, new or used car. There are 22 makes and thousands to choose from.
Visit the Roseville Automall today. We are located just minutes from Sacramento, off I-80—take Eureka Exit.