Protect Yourself and Your Car – Don’t Be Taken by Auto Theft
Sacramento averages about 3000 stolen vehicles per year as reported by the Sacramento Police Department. If you own a new or used car in Sacramento California, use a few simple precautions to protect yourself from theft.
First, don’t leave your car unlocked, or worse, don’t leave your car running, even for just a couple minutes. A few minutes are all it takes when you’re in a hurry and someone is watching you.
Second, don’t leave valuables in plain sight on the seats or in the console. Easy to resell items like a phone, iPad, or other electronic devices are an invitation for someone needing a little cash.
The experts at the Roseville Automall want to help you prevent theft of your new of used car in Sacramento. Here are some recommendations for your safety and the safety of your vehicle:
- Do not leave a spare key in an obvious place under your car.
- Park your car in well-lit areas at night.
- Lock your car in your own driveway at home. 33% of auto thefts occur near the owners’ own residence.
- Don’t put valuables in the trunk. Trunks are surprisingly easy to break into.
- Carry your insurance and other identifying documents with you. Many auto thieves have expanded into identity theft.
- Park away from parking lot entrances and exits – a thief likes to make a quick get-away.
The experts at the Roseville Automall wish you a safe journey and hope to see you when you are ready for your next vehicle or service. With the largest selection of new and used cars Sacramento has to offer, you will be sure to find the car you’ve always dreamed of at the Roseville Automall.
The Roseville Automall – Driven to Be the Best!